Monday, July 25, 2011

Cold War vs. Prohibition

I was looking at a pawn shop, and at most pawn shops there are guns. Well I went in a asked the owner how much the guns were since the lighting sucked. The American made AK-47 was $700, not bad. Semi Automatic Fire(fully auto is not legal for non-FFL holders). Thirty Round magazine, that holds the 7.62 x 39 round. Nice gun. Tough gun. But then something else caught my eye.

It was a M1A1 Thompson Sub Machine Gun. A "Tommy Gun". A "Chicago Typewriter". A mobsters best friend. Now it only had the single stick clip that holds Twenty .45 caliber rounds, and the cost of this gun was $800.

I am still torn. Nothing says cool like a Tommy Gun. But the AK is a classic. It can take a beating, and get dirty. I am lazy when it comes to cleaning guns. But hey, if I save my money like I do from not buying comics, I could have a new weapon(or two) to take to the range.

No comments:

Post a Comment